Summer is here and that equals festival season. We called Simon Frisk, singer in Ignore the Elephant up to talk about upcoming events NGOM Fest in Prizren, Kosovo and Summer in the City in Copenhagen, Denmark.
So, how do you feel about these festivals?
– Oh man, it will be so much fun! We look very much forward to getting out and about and it will be really exciting with NGOM fest and Kosovo. We are very happy that we got the chance to do this through Westside Music Sweden!
How has the year been so far for Ignore the Elephant?
– We started the year playing at Pustervik, followed by a few gigs in the spring. We´ve recorded new stuff and even managed to make a music video, Simon says.
– Our studio is located in a basement in Kålltorp, where Simon Möller, our guitarplayer does the recordings. From the beginning it was supposed to be a single, but now it might be an EP instead, we’ll see. But we hope to have it released later this summer or this fall. The music video is filmed by Patrik Boyton, done with a script and actors and all that. We´re very proud of it.
In addition to playing abroad at NGOM fest and Summer in the City, the band is looking forward to returning to Elinorspelen just outside Uddevalla in August.
– Yes, it will be amazing playing out in the countryside again, Simon continues. When we played there last year we thought it would be at a club or something, but it was in a barn! It will be great to play there again.
Where do you see yourselves in say three years?
– We´ve already been together playing for 5-6 years and I think we´ll still do what we do, I find it hard to see myself doing anything else, actually. You know I wake up with a tune in my head and fall asleep with tinnitus. I love to develop an idea to whole a song. And getting the chance to play live is magical that’s kind of why we play.
Words: Püssygrinder LaGrange
Photo: Milkdrop Studio